Civil & Criminal
Deutsch Williams offers the expertise and refined judgment of our trial attorneys in a full spectrum of legal matters, both in and out of the courtroom. Our litigators are keenly aware of both the benefits and the costs of taking disputes to court. We are members of the bar in several states, regularly argue and try cases to judges and juries in state and federal courts and administrative agencies at all levels, and have extensive experience in the use of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
The Firm is committed to prudent, cost-effective and long-term case management. We therefore evaluate individually the particular needs and situation of each client. We review with our client opportunities to achieve the most favorable outcome through the careful negotiation or mediation of a settlement. However, when litigation is the only option or the best course of action, we are known by clients, the opposition, and the courts for our innovative and aggressive advocacy.
Our site and experience ensure that each client receives prompt and personal attention. We successfully have scaled our services to the stakes of cases from several thousand dollars to $30 million, from long-term litigation to actions for immediate injunctive relief.
- Business and commercial law, (including contracts, shareholder disputes, and business tort law)
- Employment and labor
- Litigation related to our public and private sector labor practice
- Construction Litigation
- Intellectual property, including trademark and trade secrets
- Insurance coverage, defense, and rating issues
- Environmental law (including CERCLA, Chapter 21E, Chapter 91, and wetlands)
- All stages of Municipal law
- Land use, subdivision control, and real estate title disputes
- Banking and creditors' rights
- "White collar" criminal defense
- Civil rights
- Whistleblower claims
Our comprehensive representation extends to appeals in all federal and state courts. This specialized work recently has resulted in judicial decisions of state-wide and national significance. The firm's experienced litigators also provide local counsel services to work with out-of-state counsel on litigation in Massachusetts state and federal courts.